When Sporting Capital provides services, our aim is to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device. For example, computer, mobile device or tablet. These include small files known as cookies.
Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
These small files known as cookies are used to improve services for you.
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- Analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with the website and compile a record of this usage information. This helps us to improve and develop the way the website works, for example, by determining whether website visitors can find information easily.
A session cookie is written the first time a user visits the site. The cookie will be updated on subsequent visits. It is used internally by various modules/systems to improve efficiency and provide constant values throughout the user’s visit.
Sporting Capital may also use website analytics tools provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), known as Google Analytics. Google serves cookies through this website (_ga, _gid and occasionally others) and collects anonymised, aggregated data about visitors’ use of the website. The data Google collects enables Sportnig Capital to understand aggregated visitor activity across the website and how we may improve our website. This data does not enable any visitor to be personally identified, and includes:
- Where a visitor came from (search engine, search keyword, link)
- Each user’s amount of visits, and time of the first visit, previous visit and the current visit
- Checks approximately how long you stay on site: when a visit starts, and approximately ends
- Lastly they track the visitors movements around the site, so they change as each page is loaded
It is important to note that additionally, cookies may be written by 3rd party video providers (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo etc.) and 3rd party websites accessed via hyperlinks from our website when that content is viewed.
Cookies and consequent data processings carried out by such 3rd parties are regulated by their own privacy/cookie policies.
No specific cookies are written when documents are downloaded or forms are submitted, but these actions are recorded by Google Analytics cookies.
You can disable cookies through your web browser. Here are some external links with instructions on how to disable cookies for each of the main web browsers. Please note that these links are not the work of Sporting Capital.
We may share any information or data received via cookies and Google Analytics in respect of the website with our parent organisation Sporting Assets.